Call for chapter proposal for new book to be published by the Istanbul University Press: "Innovative Solutions and New Paradigms on Conservation of Cultural Heritage: Approaches and Practices". The book will be a free publication indexed in the Web of Science.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Gulder Emre, Istanbul University, Faculty of Letters, Department of Conservation and Restoration, Turkey.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ayberk Yilmaz, Istanbul University, Faculty of Science, Department of Physics, Turkey.
- Asst. Prof. Dr. Paola Pogliani, University of Tuscia, Department of Cultural Heritage Sciences DISBEC, Italy.
- Prof. Dr. Gulce Ogruc Ildiz, Istanbul Kultur University, Faculty of Sciences and Letters, Department of Physics, Turkey.
- Prof. Dr. Rui Fausto, University of Coimbra, CQC-IMS, Department of Chemistry, Coimbra, Portugal.
Objectives of the Book
This book is a multi-authored book on conservation of cultural heritage, and authors are international academics who are experts in their fields of research. The main purpose of the book is to bring together different disciplines important for the conservation of cultural heritage, and to offer the reader both theoretical and applied interdisciplinary pioneering and innovative solutions. It is planned to be an essential guide and reference source for those working in all areas related to cultural heritage, providing the reader with clear and simple explanations of how to apply the latest scientific approaches to solve problems in this field. The book will be indexed in Web of Science and included in the Web of Science Book Citation Index.
The target audience of this book includes professionals and researchers working on cultural heritage related disciplines, e.g. museum scientists, academic researchers specialized in arts and science and technology of arts, archaeologists, practicing conservators of all types of culturally relevant objects and collections, and conservation managers, besides educators, graduate and post-graduate students, and practitioners interested in the subject.
Recommended topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Examination methods for works of art,
- New research in the analysis on conservation,
- Evaluation of degradation mechanisms and prediction of possible decay processes,
- Advances and experiences in conservation practice,
- Novel methods of treatment of art objects,
- Conservation issues in display and storage,
- Preventive conservation, general remedial measures,
- Issues of collection care, conservation history and ethics, and history of materials and technological processes,
- Digital technologies and computer sciences in cultural heritage,
- Sustainable development and cultural heritage,
- Environmental changes implications on cultural heritage,
- Conservation and analytical methods in cultural heritage,
- Risk assessment for cultural heritage,
- New ideas for documentation in conservation studies.
Please submit a brief, one-page outline of your proposed chapter until 1 October 2022, identifying the main sources of information together with a one-page biography listing institutional affiliation, position, publications, educational background and any other relevant information, as an email attachment to [email protected].
After approval of the proposal, authors will be invited to submit the manuscripts of their chapters. The contributions must be original, must not have been previously published or being currently under review anywhere else. There are no submission or acceptance fees. All submitted contributions will be subjected to double-blind peer review scientific evaluation.
Istanbul University Press aims to contribute to the dissemination of ever-growing scientific knowledge through publication of high-quality scientific journals and books, in accordance with the international publishing standards and ethics. Istanbul University Press follows an open access, non-commercial, scholarly publishing. The peer review process is at the core of publishing at Istanbul University Press.