The blog is a means of sharing knowledge more widely in the international conservation community and a compliment to conferences, training events, conservation publications and related websites. The more we use the blog the more useful and meaningful it will become.
We’re looking for accurate and informative content, but any opinions expressed are those of the writer and not necessarily endorsed by Icon.
We are always looking for new content. If you would like to write a blog post then please get in touch. Bear the following guidelines in mind:
- Good blog posts are clear and focussed. You might write about something new you’ve learned and explain how it has helped your professional work, or how you’ve advised the public and what difference it’s made to them.
- Don’t be afraid to make the blog personal: write in your own voice, and include a photograph of yourself and a couple of paragraphs to say who you are.
- Try to send us 400-600 words. We may need to edit your post if it’s significantly longer, but we’ll change it as little as possible.
- Attach 2-3 images in JPEG format.
- Be prepared to respond to questions from readers.