The conference, jointly organised by Icon UK Ceramics and Glass Group, the ICOM-CC Glass and Ceramics Working Group and the British Museum, aimed to gather an international forum of professionals and students to discuss and disseminate the latest research and projects on the conservation of ceramics and glass, as well as network with one another. Many important topics were presented, including innovative applications of treatment approaches, new materials and technologies for conservation practice, and the implementation of new analytical and documentation tools. We would like to thank all the speakers for sharing their work with the community.
- Present relevant case studies in the conservation of glass and ceramics
- Disseminate research results
- Promote the application of new materials and technologies for conservation practice, as well as tools for analysis and documentation
- Identify further research and provide networking for future collaboration and activity
- All aspects of the conservation, study, and research of glass- and ceramics-based cultural heritage are welcome, and papers may explore a wide variety of topics.
Work on this conference and publication was inspiring and rewarding, demonstrating what is possible when two like-minded and dedicated groups join forces. We are confident that Recent Advances in Glass and Ceramics Conservation 2019 will become an important resource in our field going forward and will serve to motivate future collaboration and partnerships.