Icon's Student Mentor Programme is offering 25 students or recent graduates the chance for 1-to-1 support from an experienced Icon conservator.
The transition from student to working conservator can be a tricky stage to navigate. To support you at this early point in your career, Icon's Student Mentor Programme allows for up to 25 students or recent graduates to receive mentor support from an Icon Accredited Conservator.
Successful applicants will be able to jumpstart their career planning, reflect on their options, and identify opportunities with experienced professionals.
To apply, please download and fill in the following application, then submit the document at the bottom of the page.
Please click on the following link to download and fill in the form. When complete, please upload it at the bottom of this page.
- Applicants must be Student Members of Icon (or in the process of applying) OR Applicants must be recent graduates – within their first year of graduation – and members of Icon (for example, as an Associate Member)
- Applicants must be a current student at a UK/International university, or registered on a training programme (e.g., as an apprentice, intern, or trainee)
16 December 2021.
What to expect:
All participants in the scheme will be allocated a dedicated mentor for 6 months to support you in professional development. Whilst your mentor may be from the same area of practice as you, they are mainly there to help you consider your broader professional development needs.
Mentors are there to help you reflect on your own personal plans and share their own experiences of developing a career in conservation. Areas where mentors will be able to help include:
- Helping you to reflect on your professional practice and to identify areas for development.
- Help you think about the skills and knowledge you need to be able to demonstrate when applying for jobs and internships.
- Challenge you to think about what you are doing to ensure you are properly reflecting on your plans and goals.
Submit your application:
Applications must be submitted via the form below. If you have any questions please email [email protected].