Icon Conferences Committee – Call for committee members
The newly formed Icon Conference Committee is seeking committee members to help influence how Icon delivers its major conferences. Approved by Icon's Board of Trustees in March 2021, the Conferences Committee aims to ensure that major Icon conferences:
- are based on a financially sustainable framework;
- are well planned and managed;
- actively support Icon’s strategic objectives and are consistent in terms of branding, for maximum impact;
- take into account continuity and learning from past experience, making the organisation process smoother and easier for all involved;
- have a sound business plan and budget which are managed to ensure a slight surplus, and
- support access, diversity and inclusion are from the outset.
This voluntary committee will meet four times a year, with the first meeting to be held in July 2021 to identify any budget costs for the next financial year, or beyond.
Vacancies are available on the committee to join as Chair, Vice Chair or as an Ordinary committee member.
Chair and Vice Chair Role Description
These positions are open to Accredited members of Icon.
Ordinary Member Role Description
This position is open to all members of Icon.
To apply to join the committee you will need to provide a covering letter which demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the role description for the relevant position alongside a current CV.
Applications should be submitted to Susan Bradshaw, Head of Professional development by email at [email protected] by midday 2nd June 2021. Please ensure you include the name of the vacancy you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Should you have any questions about the vacancies please email Susan directly.