Calling all book and paper graduates!
The BPG Graduate Symposium is a new event for all recent graduates of a book or paper degree to present their dissertation topics. We hope that this will be an opportunity for all graduates to celebrate and share their work among the wider BPG community and be a valuable event to develop your professional presentation skills. A second symposium will also be held in the spring so there will be plenty of opportunities to get involved.
To be eligible:
- You must have graduated within two years of the date of the symposium.
- You must be a current Icon member both at the date of application and at the date of the symposium.
- We ask that you attach alongside your application proof of a final passing grade received for the dissertation. This will of course be treated confidentially, just as a formality.
- The presentations will be 15 minutes in length, with time for questions for all at the end.
- 6 applicants will be chosen for the first symposium. If more than 6 applicants submit, then the other applications will be reconsidered for the second symposium in April if the above stipulations are still met by that date. There will also be a second round of submissions for the April symposium in March 2022.
- As well as the opportunity to present your work, your name and dissertation title will be published on the Icon Book and Paper group tab for perpetuity.
We look forward to reading your submissions!