We are looking for projects that focus on:
- Implementing preventive conservation measures
- Undertaking remedial conservation
- Undertaking digitisation activities
Eight grants of up to £1,250 are available.
- The museum, gallery, cultural heritage institution or museums service must be based in the UK.
- The grant is intended to support small organisations with less than 100,000 visitors per year.
- Conservation activities must be carried out by an Accredited member of Icon. The grant is based on work being costed at £45 / hour. Accredited members of Icon can be identified through the Conservation Register.
- The grant is intended to support organisations that have suffered from a major drop in income over the last 12 months and are less able to commission conservation projects as a result.
- Funding will not be awarded retrospectively for projects already completed.
The deadline for applications is on 26th February 2021.
- Applications will be considered by a panel and successful applicants will be notified by email by 12th March 2021.
- Projects to be completed within 12 months.
- Reports should be submitted to Icon within one month of the project completion date.
On completion of the project, we will expect you to submit a short report outlining what the project achieved and describing the positive outcomes. This could be a written report, including a selection of photographs, or it could be a short film.
This will be made available on the conservation register website.
For any questions about the programme please email [email protected].