Employment of Icon Accredited members is a mark of excellence in the heritage sector. Employers are therefore encouraged to assist and support conservation staff to achieve Icon Accreditation. Achievement of Icon Accreditation should also be recognised when setting and reviewing salary levels.
Icon supports the principle of parity across heritage professionals when promoting the skills and value of conservators, curators, librarians, archivists, archaeologists and historic buildings specialists.
Employers recruiting for staff might find the following resources helpful:
- Recruitment Checklists - compiled by Fair Museum Jobs
- Inclusive Recruitment: A Guide to Available Resources
- Chartered Institute of Fundraising recruitment guides
- Neurodiverse Voices: Good Practice in the Workplace
- A Best Practice Guide to Apprenticeships, Internships and Volunteering
- How to Be a Good Interviewer
The Fair Museum Jobs website contains a wealth of additinoal information including links to a range of sources of advice and support.