About the Speakers:
- Dan Hicks is a Professor of Contemporary Archaeology at the University of Oxford, Curator at the Pitt Rivers Museum, and a Fellow of St Cross College, Oxford. The Brutish Museums was named as one of the best art books of 2020, the New York Times concludes, "If you care about museums and the world, read this book.”
Hicks' presentation will be followed by a panel discussion.
- Victor Ehikhamenor is an artist, photographer, and writer born in the village of Udomi- Uwessan, Nigeria. He is a Trustee of the Legacy Restoration Trust.
- Marla Berns is the Director of the Fowler Museum at the University of California, Los Angeles.
- Natasha Becker is the Curator of African Art at the de Young Museum in San Francisco, California.
- Lauren Kroiz is the Faculty Director of the Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology at the University of California, Berkeley.
Ethnic Arts Council of Los Angeles https://ethnicartscouncil.org/
Fowler Museum https://www.fowler.ucla.edu/
de Young Museum https://deyoung.famsf.org/
Phoebe A. Hearst Museum of Anthropology https://hearstmuseum.berkeley.edu/