It's the place to connect with the world of conservation
As an Icon supporter, you'll connect with like-minded people who share your interest in heritage conservation.
You might enjoy watching the Antiques Roadshow, Fake or Fortune or the Repair Shop. Or perhaps you enjoy reading history or historical novels. With Icon you can learn and be part of our vital work in conserving our heritage. Our work is far reaching, from developing the skills needed to preserve the past to being a voice for those who care about what we leave today’s children and their children.
Icon set and manage professional standards in conservation - providing a marque of quality so those commissioning conservation services can rest assured the things they value - or the collections they're responsible for - are in safe hands when they need attention.
It takes a long time to train to be a conservator and we need to attract the best new entrants. We help those from disadvantaged backgrounds and those with disabilities to overcome the obstacles they face both financial and practical. Our members visit schools to encourage an interest in conservation and heritage in children and young people who might one day choose it as a career. We have to work hard at this because it is not so well known as other careers.
By supporting Icon, you are supporting the training and career pathways of current conservation heroes and the next generation of conservators. When you become an Icon Supporter, you are helping us ensure our cultural heritage is in safe hands. And in return, you'll hear all about the work underway and keep up to date with all the latest conservation projects making headlines across the world!
- Get our Iconnect e-bulletins - giving you all the latest events, sector news and initiatives straight to your inbox
- Get our weekly Jobs bulletin featuring conservation vacancies across the UK
- Get first dibs and discounted admission to all Icon events Get Icon's bi-monthly magazine Icon News with colourful commentary on recent conservation projects, and hear how your colleagues across the sector are scaling complex and challenging approaches to their projects
- Keep up with the latest research with three issues a year of Journal of the Institute of Conservation - and online access to everything that has ever been published in this or its antecedent titles. That puts thousands of articles at your finger tips!
- Get discounts on British Standards relevant to conservation practice
- Get discounts on other conservation titles published by Routledge
-- £60 GBP