Icon supports the principle of parity across heritage professionals when promoting the skills and value of conservators, curators, librarians, archivists, archaeologists and historic buildings specialists.
Applicants searching for jobs might find the following resources helpful:
- Top tips from Mark Carnall, a curator of natural history, on how to apply for jobs.
- Advice on how to demonstrate that you fit the job criteria from the University of Oxford.
- "How to stay motivated when your job hunt is taking a while" from SkillfinderInternational
- "Don't neglect your soft skills while working through the pandemic" from SkillfinderInternational
- "The three-sheet interview prep technique" from SkillfinderInternational
- Icon’s mentors and experts share their ideas about the 10 traits conservators need to succeed.
- Reflections from Leanne Tonkin, textile conservator, on the things I wish I knew in my first year as a conservator.
The Fair Museum Jobs website contains a wealth of additional information including links to a range of sources of advice and support.