7 hours per week, 0.2 FTE, Fixed term to July 2022
£37,500 per annum (£7,500 pro rata)
West Dean College of Arts and Conservation is an internationally recognised College, part of the Edward James Foundation, a charitable educational trust located on the 6,400 acre West Dean Estate in beautiful West Sussex countryside near Chichester. As well as being a respected educational institution specialising in practice-based arts and conservation, the historic house and collections, the stunning grounds and gardens are open to the public, and the year round events and exhibitions make West Dean truly unique.
We are recruiting for a part time Subject Tutor in Metalwork to join our Conservation Department team at West Dean College of Arts & Conservation. This is a new role due to the expansion and success of the metalwork pathway.
We are looking for a Subject Tutor who, under the supervision of the Metalwork Subject Leader, will support the day-to-day organisation and delivery of the subject specialist curricula for the Graduate Diploma and MA Conservation Studies programmes, the general supervision of the FdA metalwork students and the care of the shared metalwork studios and equipment.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Plan and manage the subject specialist Graduate Diploma and MA Conservation Studies units in the Metalwork pathway and participate in their delivery under the direction of the Subject Leader.
- Ensure that programmes are delivered in accordance with the regulations and requirements of the College and validating body.
- Participate under the direction of the Conservation Studies Team Leader in the development of the structure and content of the Conservation Studies programmes for validation and review.
- Assist in the recruitment of students through involvement in marketing activities including Open Days and taking part in the interviewing process when required
To be successful in this role you will need to have demonstrable previous experience in the professional practice of metalwork conservation, and experience of demonstrating specialist techniques.
Candidates must possess a good understanding of contemporary theory and practice relevant to the discipline and must be able to demonstrate a professional approach to practice and high standards of professional conduct.
This role requires outstanding communication skills, with the ability to collaborate, inspire and build relationships both with colleagues and students.
In recognition for all your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 38 days holiday per year pro rata
- Life Assurance
- 10 days Company Sick Pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 25% off retail and restaurant
- 50% off short courses
- Salary sacrifice schemes: cycle to work
For the full job description, person specification and terms and conditions of employment, or for further information, please email [email protected] or visit:
At The Edward James Foundation we take privacy very seriously and are have reviewed all our records and processes to ensure that we are fully meeting the data protection standards introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25 May 2018. Full details regarding how we collect, process and store personal information about you is available on our website: https://www.westdean.org.uk/about/work-for-us