£38,950 per annum
West Dean College of Arts and Conservation is an internationally recognised College, part of the Edward James Foundation, a charitable educational trust located on the 6,400 acre West Dean Estate in beautiful West Sussex countryside near Chichester. As well as being a respected educational institution specialising in practice-based arts and conservation, the historic house and collections, the stunning grounds and gardens are open to the public, and the year round events and exhibitions make West Dean truly unique.
We are now recruiting for a full time permanent Subject Leader in Books & Library Materials to join our Books Department team within the School of Conservation at the College.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the day-to-day organisation and delivery of subject specialist curricula for the Graduate Diploma and MA Conservation Studies programmes in the Books and Library Materials pathway and the general supervision and care of the dedicated studios and equipment.
The key areas of responsibility will include:
· Take responsibility for the academic leadership and development of the books and library materials pathway through active engagement with practice, scholarship and research and the maintenance of academic and professional contacts and networks in relevant fields.
· Under the direction of the Team Leader for the Conservation Studies Programmes, plan and manage all aspects of either a programme of study, or areas of shared unit curricula; co-ordinate with other staff across departments, ensure appropriate efficiencies and delivery of shared curriculum.
· Make a significant contribution to the teaching of the specialist subject and to the cross-School curricula as required.
· Participate in the recruitment of students in liaison with the Registry, Head of Student Recruitment and External Engagement and Subject Leaders.
To be successful in this role you will need to hold a Master’s Degree or equivalent Level 7 qualification and Icon accreditation, together with extensive, demonstrable experience in the professional practice of books and library materials conservation.
You will also need significant experience of teaching/training and assessment. Experience of working within a team and managing a team is essential, as is the ability to demonstrate a professional approach to conservation practice and high standards of professional conduct.
This role requires outstanding communication and management skills, with the ability to collaborate, inspire and build relationships with both students and staff.
In recognition for all your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
· Competitive Salary
· 38 days holiday per year
· Life Assurance
· 10 days Company Sick Pay
· Employee Assistance Programme
· 25% off retail and restaurant
· 50% off short courses
· Salary sacrifice schemes: cycle to work
· Free on-site parking
For the full job description, person specification and terms and conditions of employment, or for further information, please email [email protected] or visit: https://www.westdean.org.uk/about/work-for-us.
Closing date for applications is 23 June 2021
Proposed interview date is 02 July 2021
Diversity & Inclusivity statement:
West Dean College of Arts & Conservation values the diversity of its staff and students. We aspire to be a fully inclusive and representative employer and do not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, faith or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We strongly encourage applications from suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join our teams at West Dean College of Arts & Conservation.
At The Edward James Foundation we take privacy very seriously and are have reviewed all our records and processes to ensure that we are fully meeting the data protection standards introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on 25 May 2018. Full details regarding how we collect, process and store personal information about you is available on our website: https://www.westdean.org.uk/about/work-for-us