National Museum Cardiff
£27,474.75 - £33,618.54 per annum
What you’ll do…
You will co-ordinate and deliver a range of preventive conservation practices across National Museum Cardiff that enable the use of collections. This includes developing a team of preventive conservation volunteers to undertake a range of basic conservation tasks in both public and non-public spaces. You will provide training in preventive conservation as required for staff across Amgueddfa Cymru.
What you’ll achieve…
- In partnership with Buildings & Estates, deliver the environmental management strategy for collections at National Museum Cardiff
- Develop an environmental management strategy that embraces green technology and passive solutions in order to reduce the carbon footprint of National Museum Cardiff
- Public participation in conservation and collection care through the housekeeping volunteer programme
- Staff participation in preventive conservation through training in initiatives such as integrated pest management
- Effective protection of the collections as part of incident response and management
We’re looking for people who…
- Have the ability to work on their own initiative and contribute effectively to teams.
- Have a flexible approach and the ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Actively contribute to building an environment of responsibility, trust, involvement and achievement
- Engage with colleagues in bringing new ideas to fruition.
- Have an understanding of the principles of equality and diversity in relation to Amgueddfa Cymru’s work and the ability to apply these in practice.
- Have an interest in and commitment to the work of Amgueddfa Cymru.
The knowledge and qualifications you’ll need…
- Specialist expertise in preventive conservation.
- A degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant discipline.
- To already be accredited or actively working towards professional accreditation (ACR).
The experience you’ll need…
- Demonstrable experience of working at ‘proficient’ level as defined on the ‘novice to expert’ scale that underpins Icon ACR, especially in relationship to the delivery of exhibitions and projects.
- Experience in the innovative use of collections in public and community engagement programmes.
- Membership and/or involvement in professional bodies.
- Current knowledge about recent and ongoing developments in collection care and preventive conservation and the ability to interpret and apply this knowledge in your work.
The skills you’ll need…
- The ability to communicate to a range of specialist and non-specialist audiences in a lively and accessible manner.
- An ability to communicate in Welsh or a willingness to learn.
- A high degree of computer literacy with knowledge of Windows-based and database applications. A confident user of internet, email and social media.
- Excellent organizational skills including demonstrable ability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously to time and budget.
For the full job description and to apply, please visit the museum's website.
Ail – Hysbyseb Uwch Gadwraethydd Ataliol
35 awr yr wythnos
Cyflog: Gradd E £27,474.75 - £33,618.54 y flwyddyn
Bydd yr ymgeisydd yn cael ei benodi i’r pwynt cyflog isaf ynn y raddfa hon fel arfer
Mae’r gallu i siarad Cymraeg yn ddymunol ar gyfer y swydd hon.
Dyddiad Cau: 27 Medi 2021 erbyn 5:00 yh
Dyddiad Cyfweliad: w/c 11 Hydref 2021
Am rhagor o wybodaeth ewch i’n gwefan www.amgueddfacymru.ac.uk/swyddi
Mae Amgueddfa Cymru yn gyflogwyr cyfle cyfartal.
Croesewir ceisiadau o bob rhan o'r gymuned.