Committee Call for Nominations | Ceramics & Glass Group
New Committee Roles Open!
The Icon Ceramics and Glass Group (CGG) is seeking a Chair, and Events Coordinator.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain skills and experience whilst contributing to the creation and running of events, training and networking opportunities for the conservation community! We are a friendly and enthusiastic team looking for fresh input. The Committee meets quarterly, currently online but we may return to meeting in person once we are able to. Travel expenses for Committee meetings are refundable.
We invite applications from student, associate and accredited members of Icon although you must be a primary or secondary CGG member to join the committee.
About the roles
The following outlines the key responsibilities of each role, however, each member is supported in their roles by fellow committee members and Icon head office.
- Acts as the link between the CGG committee, Icon office and other Groups
- Ensures regular committee meetings and suitable attendance by members
- Produces a regular update to Icon "news from the groups"
- Acts as a point of contact to members of the CGG group
- Prepares agendas for CGG committee meetings with Secretary (approx. 4 annually)
- Prepares the agenda for the Annual Group Meeting (AGM)
- Prepares an annual chairs report for AGM
- Convenes and chairs committee meetings, conferences and AGM
- Attends Icon Group Chairs meetings and records minutes
- Presents the Denise Lyall Prize or nominates a representative to do so
- Supports all other committee roles as necessary
- Leads on the organisation of a schedule of workshops/training courses, AGM, and a biannual conference
- Finds suitable venues and acting as a point of contact for bookings
- Supports Chair and Secretary in recruiting speakers, compiling abstracts and correspondence
- Writes promotional material and circulates via Icon and other organisations
If you are interested or have any questions please email Emily Thomas at [email protected].
To apply please email Emily Thomas at [email protected] with 300 words outlining your skills and experience. The deadline for self-nominations is the 17th September 2021 but we encourage early applications. A vote will take place at the AGM in October 2021.